Today...

Marks the 7th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks. To me it definitely does not seem like it was a whole 7 years ago. I guess that's because many of us remember exactly what you were doing and where you were when the events took place.


I was 13 years old, sitting in my 8th grade Lauguage Arts class, second row second seat. The television was in the corner to my left. I do not remember doing any work that day in class. Every class I had following that one, the t.v. was placed on CNN. And everyone just watched. I was in my French class when the 1st building collapsed and I was like OMG WTF.

I guess the severity of the issue did not hit me until I got home and my mother was on the phone with everyone, my uncle called me and asked "do you understand what happen today?"

I have the newspaper from Sep. 12th 2001. I am saving it for my children I guess.

"Remember 9/11, Never forget" was posted everywhere! I am doing my remembering by reflecting on what I was doing at the time of the attacks. I do it every year pretty much. I try to attend a candlelight vigil if I can find somewhere close that it holding one.

No one will forget 9/11 anytime soon. I mean that fact that we call it "9/11" helps engrave it in people's memory. It can be 60 years from now and when you go to write the date on a sheet of paper, or look at the date on your phone, you will remember.

I was comparing it to Pearl Harbor, and how not many people know the date on which it happen.

"9/11" is definitely 'a day that will live in infamy.'

And I know, for myself, that the image of planes and the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon (among other things) will motivate me to get up an vote for our next President. In the last 7 years, 2 wars? have started. I don't know if its 2, I'm slighty unclear on that issue. But nonetheless, I am sooooooo soooooo soooo ready to vote in my 1st election =]



Obama '08 baby!!!