Love from Miri. ;)

First of all I would like to thank Monterines for choosing me as Blogger Of The Month. I feel honored. Thank u dude! I am sure the other co-authors are far better than I am. Maybe I have a lot more free time than u guys here. So thats why I got to blog about my daily life. *smiles*

So if u are following my blog, u will know that I am currently in my hometown for a week break. For the past few days I've been so busy with the Eid preparation. Lucky for me I got 3 brothers to rely on. *grins* My younger brother helped me a lot and that makes me love him to bits! He has always been helpful to his only sister.

And if u have been reading my blog, u'll know that I have met my Oko for the second time this year. It's very hard to meet up with her due to my studies. I am not studying at my hometown and she lives in the village, faaaaaaaaar from my hometown so she seldoms come to Miri.


My Oko.

Yep, yep.. Her ears are long. Thats one of their culture. I am a mix of Malay and Kenyah. Mom is from the Kenyah tribe. They can only be found in Sarawak, Malaysia. If you got the chance to come to Sarawak one day, I'll find time to show u guys around aight.

In my village, we still live in long houses. The long houses are super cool and I love, love it! There are more than 15 families living in the long house and they live peacefully. I especially love it when its Christmas! On Christmas Eve, everyone will gather at the long house verandah along with foods and drinks.

I dont have any pic of my long house but I have some pictures of long house taken when I was holiday-ing with my friends. Yep, instead of staying in hotels we checked in into a longhouse. How cool is that?

But since this long house is for business/tourism purpose, it is not as long/big as the ones u may found in the villages. But roughly this is how it looks like.


Breathtaking...


the stairs are unique


beautiful scenery


rooms


So what do u think of long houses now? Cool right?