My Dream

I had a dream of my late grandfather two nights ago. This is how the dream was:

I found myself attending a function where I don't know any of the people there. I looked around for familiar faces but I can't find any. As I was looking around, I saw my late grandfather figure at one of the tables.

He was glowing. He looked at me and smiled. I froze. He came and sat next to me. He was just looking at me and smiled. I swear I could feel his presence that time and thats when I woke up.
When I woke up, I think back about the dream and I cried.

There are so many things that I want to tell him. Like, I get the highest marks for my Accounting test. How I have finally met Alex after he has disappeared for 2 years. That I have start praying 5 times daily.

Dear paknek, I missed u so very much and thank you for 'visiting' me. It's been long since the last time you came into my dreams. I remember the last time u came was on the night u passed away. U told me to shed my tears away. U told me everything will be alright.

U have always taken good care of me. I enjoyed the lunch we had together, the time when we watched the news on TV, the stories u shared with me, the trip to the clinic, etc. U always came to visit me at home just to check on me. U don't mind giving me fish heads though they are your favorites. When you were in good health, u always treat me with Kolok Mee and Apam Balik.

And everytime I come home for holidays, u were the most generous person. U gave me money when I was at home and also before I fly back to my campus. Though I didn't ask for any, u will just place them in my hands and I can't give them back to u.

I'm glad I have been your most favorite grand daughter. *smugs*



Please come again, dear paknek! I missed u so much.

Picture was taken in 2006 on the first day of Eid. My late grandfather and me. *Al-Fatihah*

Paknek = grandfather.